Sound Wave: Retreat
A free creative programme supporting emerging musicians aged 18-25 to realise their potential as artists
Sound Wave: Retreat
· Are you a musician looking to collaborate?
· Are you experiencing a creative block?
· Do you want to be part of a live music event?
· Do you want to be a better performer?
During the programme, you will:
· Improve your song writing
· Develop your live performance skills
· Collaborate with other musicians
· Learn how to mix and master your own tracks
· Receive professional coaching and mentoring
· Be part of a live music event
Following the programme, you could:
· Perform at festivals/gigs around Bristol
· Get voluntary or paid work with Knowle West Media Centre as a music facilitator
· Receive continued support to develop as an artist
· Use KWMC’s studio facilities for free
· Get involved in Sound Wave: Sessions
Successful applicants are expected to attend the following:
Pre-retreat meet: Thursday 27 June 2019, 6.30 – 9pm
Retreat: Sunday 7 – Tuesday 9 July 2019
Open rehearsals: Wednesday 10 July 2019
Sound Wave: Live gig: Thursday 11 July 2019, eveningWhere is the retreat?
The retreat takes place on the outskirts of Bristol in a quiet, rural location.What will the sessions on the retreat involve?
The programme includes workshops, masterclasses, performance opportunities, and creative free time. All sessions will be facilitated by music industry professionals, experienced musicians, and life coaches.Who should apply?
The programme is open to musicians aged 18-25. You can apply under two categories below:
· Based in Hartcliffe, Filwood/Knowle West, Knowle, Withywood
· Other Bristol postcodes
· Members of 3rd Space partners (ACE, Basement Studios, BPM, Creative Youth Network, Trinity)
We encourage applications from people currently under represented in the music industry such as Black, Asian, and Minority Ethnic groups (BAME), people with disabilities, and those not currently in education, employment, and training (NEET).What will it cost me?
Taking part in the programme, including food and accommodation, is FREE to you – thanks to the support from our funders and partners.Is childcare provided?
We have limited funding to support some childcare needs during the programme. To discuss options please email email@example.com or call 0117 903 0444 to speak with Mike.Are travel costs covered?
Travel to and from the retreat is included. Additional transport costs can be covered if required.How can I apply?
Please head to KWMC’s website and click on the ‘Apply Now!’ button. Applications are open until Monday 3 June 2019 at 9am. Interviews will follow on Monday 10 and Tuesday 11 June 2019.
Disclaimer: Please note all copy has been taken from the organisation’s website.
Support more young people to have their voices heard
Rife is Watershed‘s online magazine created for young people, by young people.
We offer paid internships and publish work by young writers, photographers, illustrators, and filmmakers from all sorts of backgrounds, helping them get into creative careers. Rife has reached over 8,000 young people through our workshops, over 220 young people have made stuff for Rife on topics ranging from mental health to identity to baked beans, and last year, over 200,000 people visited our website.
In these complex and uncertain times hearing from and supporting young people who are advocating for social change and contributing fresh perspectives has never been so important.
Through supporting Rife you can ensure that this important work continues and that more young people have their voices heard.
Post an opportunity
Are you an employer or organisation with a job or opportunity for young people?